Tuesday 26 February 2013

Peaches and cream 1/4 scale dollhouse wardrobe and breakfast table and chairs

Well today is the same gloomy weather it has been for the past 5 or so days. Thick grey cloud covering the sky and very cold and damp. A few days ago we had such sunny weather here and it really felt like Spring had finally arrived. However it was not to be and we are plunged back into the depths of winter again. I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast in case there is a break from this cold snap and I'm hoping that warmer weather is on the way soon. For me Spring is such an inspiring time of year and gives me all sorts of new ideas for the miniature world. I really shouldn't grumble so much about our weather here in the UK as I know that recently a lot of people in the USA have been hit very hard with severe snow storms that have left people without power and unable to get out of their homes. Thankfully we just don't get snow like that in the UK. I'm thinking of you guys in the USA and hoping the snow melts away for you soon and that normal everyday life resumes soon :)

I'm loving the peaches and cream colours at the moment and have created a couple more pieces for the 1/4 scale dollhouse. I have created a new wardrobe and a breakfast table with 2 chairs. The wardrobe measures 1 & 5/8ths inches tall, just over 7/8ths of an inch in width and just over 5/8ths of an inch in depth. It is a very elegant piece with hand painted peach roses on the front doors (non opening). The table and chairs have been hand painted with the same peach rose design. The table is just under 5/8ths of an inch in height and 3/4 of an inch in diameter. Both of these items will be available on my ebay site for auction (seller:fizzyclaret) from this evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment