Tuesday 1 January 2013

Dollhouse shabby chic furniture appliqués 1/12th scale

Happy New Year to everyone.

A lovely lady recently contacted me and asked me to make her a miniature furniture applique that she could use on her 1/12th scale furniture. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to produce such tiny roses out of polymer clay but I had a go and they turned out lovely and the lady loved them. I hadn't thought of making miniature furniture appliques before but thought it was a great idea so I have since made some more which you can view in the photo. They can be glued onto chests of drawers, wardrobes, desks...etc the possibilities are endless and it means you can customise your own furniture in the way you want. The sizes of these appliques vary from as little as 3/8ths of an inch (0.9mm) in size to 1 & 1/8th inches (2.7cm). So far I have only used the soft pastel pinks and lilacs but I'd like to experiment with some different colours and maybe do some gothic pieces. I'd love to hear from anyone who can suggest some nice colour schemes as sometimes my imagination can become a little blank and I end up sticking to the same colour pallettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment